Mayor of Weymouth thanks Christmas Fund donors
Cllr Colin Huckle, Mayor of Weymouth, has expressed his thanks to those who donated to the Mayor’s Christmas Fund Appeal.
The Mayor’s Christmas Fund Appeal was launched in November, with the support of Weymouth & Portland Lions Club.
£700 was kindly donated to the fund by the community – this money was then passed on to services that support people in our local community. The recipients were:
- Soul Food
- Weymouth Foodbank
- Lantern Trust
- Veterans Hub
- Dorset Echo Toy Appeal
- Salvation Army
Cllr Colin Huckle, Mayor of Weymouth, said: “I would like to thank every single donor to my Christmas Fund Appeal. With the support of Weymouth & Portland Lions Club, we were able to distribute funds to help meet the most critical needs of our communities.
“Along with spreading much needed Christmas joy over the festive period, the money has no doubt helped to improve the lives of local people.”
We would like to acknowledge the following individuals and groups who kindly donated to the Christmas Fund Appeal:
- Honorary Freeman Poppy Butcher
- Honorary Alderman Margaret Leicester
- Weymouth Cougars
- Weymouth Sailing Club
- Weymouth Bay Methodist Church
- Cllr Tia Roos
- Honorary Alderman Harry & Mrs Carole Burden
- Royal Navy Association Weymouth Branch
- Honorary Alderman Jess Nagel
- Honorary Alderman Joy Stanley
- Betterment Properties
- Cllr Kevin & Mrs Anne Brookes
- Cllr Colin & Mrs Marian Huckle
A number of donations were also received from people who wished to remain anonymous.